I bet you have a few stories you could tell about crazy, funny, scary, or strange things that have happened to you in your life! If not, you can always make them up... it's all part of the game! Explore a variety of restaurants along Melbourne's food-famous Lygon St, and make friends with a colorful and varied group of friendly, single bohemians
START VENUE: Carlton Yacht Club, 298 Lygon Street CARLTON VIC
HOW IT WORKS:
• Everyone meets at Carlton Yacht Club at 7pm
• When you arrive, you will form a team of 3 and be given a dinner schedule that will take you and your team to one venue for entree, another for main, and a third for dessert. Teams are all ladies or all gentlemen.
• Everyone puts a few dollars into the prize hat. (just $2-$5 each)
• At each course, you will meet up with another group (of the opposite gender). Once you have ordered your food, you will play a round of the Tell-Tale Game!
This is how the game works:
- Each of you will take a turn to tell a little story about something that has happened to you in your life. You will tell either a true story or made-up story! (Stories must not be partially true -they must be the total truth or a total lie. )
- Once you have told your story, the other team can ask three questions, then must guess as a team if you are lying or telling the truth.
- If they guess wrong you get two points. If they guess right, they get one point. If all three of your team members manage to fool the other team, your team gets an additional point for that round.
• After the final course, everyone meets back at Carlton Yacht Club for a drink and an opportunity to meet with the people you didn't meet during dinner.
• The team with the most points gets the prize hat!
• If there is a tie, one member from each team must tell a made-up story to the judges. The judges will pick a winner based on who's fabrication is most convincing.
TICKETS: $55 - but you get $45 back in cash when you arrive to spend on food and drinks. Why do we do this? 1) To minimize no-shows. 2) So that everyone has cash to make it easier to split bills.
ALL TICKETS MUST BE PREPURCHASED ONLINE. NO TICKETS AT THE DOOR